4/21/08
Russian Red / I Love Your Glasses [2008]
Russian Red
I Love Your Glasses
Eureka Records
April 1, 2008



One year ago, when I saw her live for first time, I couldn’t appreciate her music. She was playing at Primavera Sound on a tiny stage and the intimate atmosphere she tried to create was destroyed by some loud music coming from another stage. I remember I liked her and that a guy told me “This girl is gonna do something big,” but I didn’t really care about her till she came up with this album. Russian Red is going to be the next Spanish artist to achieve notorious international indie success. She sings delicate songs in English with a tone that reminds me of Cat Power, Hanne Hukkelberg and even Feist with some Joanna Newsom influences. Let’s face it: being a beautiful, delicate and profound pop/rock/folk singer is a good way to catch everybody’s attention right now. What’s more, she’s been lucky to form such a lovely band to accompany her voice and guitar. Russian Red will be a name you’ll probably hear about over and over again this year. Check European tour dates in her myspace. - Grey

Highlights / They Don't Believe

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso