4/20/08
The Presets / Apocalypso [2008]
The Presets
Apocalypso
Modular
April 12, 2008



I’m watching a line of marching robots. Their steps form a pattern on the ground, a perfect square drawn by their giant metal boots. The regularity of the walk gives shape, also, to a persistent beat, a fixed rhythmical structure embellished by the synthesizers that begin to sound whenever these funky man-machines move their arms. As the movements grow more and more complex, the music they make does too. Slowly, a perfectly crafted mechanical party music appears in front of my eyes. The robots, without abandoning their march, begin chanting rocking lyrics and, around them, a whole crowd dances, in awe. “I’m here with all of my people/Locked up with all of my people / So let me hear you scream if you’re with me," sings one of the robots. Everybody around me yells at the top of their lungs. I feel the bass pumping in my loins and close my eyes. I would, indeed, give anything to slowly merge my body with their hypnotic march, their square-shaped mechanical ritual. - Mono

Highlights / My People


Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso