3/11/08
Supergrass / Diamond Hoo Ha [2008]
Supergrass
Diamond Hoo Ha
EMI
March 11, 2008


As a long time fan of these Welsh rockers I was excited to see that a new album was being released, since no one else knows how to rock anymore. I am happy to say they did not disappoint, from the openers (and first single) Diamond Hoo Ha and Bad Blood (second single) I knew that I was listening to a band who hasn't forgotten what rock music is no "dreamy indie pop" bullshit here. Rebel in you is a nice pop song, and the guitar riff in 345 reminds me of past Supergrass songs that rocked (Rush hour soul). Although Diamond Hoo Ha doesn't stand up to my all time favorite Supergrass album, the X-ray album, it is still excellent and is growing on me so fast I may change my mind. All in all it is refreshing to hear from a band who remembers who the Kinks, T.Rex and the Jam were and not some pretentious garbage that seems to popular today. - Takomora

Highlights / Diamond Hoo Ha Man




Labels:

The Kiln -
1 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso