3/5/08
Jim White / Transnormal Skiperoo [2008]
Jim White
Transnormal Skiperoo
Luaka Bop
March 4, 2008


I am a fan of alt-country, americana, or whatever type of music I'm supposed to call this now, but I often find that most of these folks sound the same so I tend not to get excited. Jim White may not be breaking new ground, he has released a record that sounds genuine and kept my attention. Highlight songs such as Jailbird, Fruit of the Vine, and Turquoise house and no filler make this a pretty solid record. In a 2007 interview White said "when I get this deep sense of gratitude that I don't need drugs or God or doomed romance to fuel myself through the gauntlet of a normal day, I call that feeling "Transnormal Skiperoo". Perhaps this approach makes Transnormal Skiperoo stand out from the others, definitely a fine record fueled by something besides drugs, God, or doomed romance worth a listen to those looking to discover another source of inspiration or even a reason to go on. -Takomora

Highlights / A Town Called Amen (Video)


Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso