3/9/08
The Black Crowes / Warpaint [2008]
The Black Crowes
Warpaint
Silver Arrow
March 3, 2008



I will admit on my first listen I was ready to write a review that said this sucked, but then I heard Whoa Mule and I knew there had to be something I missed. Unfortunately there wasn't. There are a handful of songs that are entertaining or have interesting guitar riffs (God's Got it, Wounded Bird) but for the most part some bland southern jam band filler. Right up until the last song Whoa Mule which is a mighty fine song as any song titled Whoa Mule should be. I'm not too familiar with The Black Crowes earlier work aside from a hit or two but I understand they have lost a few members through the process of this album so overall not a bad comeback and fans of the band or southern rock (or jam bands) in general should check this out.- Takomora

Hightlights / Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution (Video)

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso