4/10/08
Lo Fine / Not For Us Two [2008]
Lo Fine
Not For Us Two
Pigeon Records
April 8, 2001



Before I heard this album, I had never heard of Lo Fine, or listened to anything by them. Maybe there’s a reason. I can’t technically fault this album musically I guess... but from the opening track ‘Damage Twins’ to the closing track ‘My Favourite Illusion (Not For Us Two)’, I almost completely tuned out. There were moments, however, where I stopped to listen to a certain part of a track. But that’s the problem, there tended to be only fleeting moments of genuine interest with the album and no songs that kept my attention long enough for me to listen all the way through. There were some nice moments, that reminded me a little of summer – but to be completely honest, if you’re looking for summery, shimmery, lo- fi alternative rock or folk, I would look elsewhere. Perhaps in the direction of Bright Eyes, Sufjan Stevens, Jenny Lewis or Laura Veirs - They create more of a depth to their particular brand of folk, whereas Lo Fine, although pleasant enough, just don’t move me in any particular direction. Stand out tracks include ‘Cemetery Road’, ‘My Favourite Illusion (Not for Us Two)’, and ‘#37’. - TotalTrash

Highlights / #37

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso