4/10/08
Peter Morén / The Last Tycoon [2008]
Peter Morén
The Last Tycoon
Quarterstick
April 8, 2008



The only fault I can find with this album is the fault on my part, deciding to give it a listen three minutes before bedtime. Feeling ultimately captivated by second five of "Reel to Real" I could by no means fall asleep. As I lay in the dark I found myself smiling, every note consuming my heart more and more, eventually listening with angst and intent for the next beautiful guitar melody, enchanting string arrangement, perfect gentle rhythmic clap and of course that unforgettable consistent, always sincere vocal, in true Peter Moren's style, sadly without Bjorn and John this time, these adjectives and adverbs I've used to try and describe this album seem less than adequate. I have no words. Maybe me getting out of bed at midnight to grab pencil and notebook to try write what I'm feeling while listening, would give more of an understanding of how magical this album is? Of course before having to force myself to shut off my computer and not listen to The Last Tycoon in its entirety again, "Missing Link" and "Old Love" got another listen. - Morning Lemon

Highlights / Social Competence

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso