3/25/08
Of Montreal's New Album
Kevin Barnes has been working on the follow-up to last year's excellent Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? The tentative name for this new effort is Skeletal Lamping. Kevin states that this album will be more experimental: "Musically, it is sort of all over the place, too. There really isn't necessarily a sense of continuity there. It's definitely funkier. It's maybe developing off of things like "Faberge Falls for Shuggie" and "Labyrinthian Pomp" from Hissing Fauna. It's kind of moving things in those directions. It's something that I find exciting, as it's not something that I've really worked with a lot in the past. It still holds some mystery for me. I really feel there is something I can use in that genre. It's fun for me too because it kind of goes against the kind and gentle side of indie rock. Funk music is not like that at all."
Kevin has already given us a taste of what this new album will sound like with "We Can Do It Softcore If You Want" (live recording) a great new track which they have been playing at their shows. Also, here is their cover of M.I.A's "Jimmy" which I really enjoy. -Tinasucks

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso