3/19/08
Snoop Dogg / Ego Trippin' [2008]
Snoop Dogg
Ego Trippin'
Doggystyle, Geffen
March 7, 2008 (Germany) / March 11, 2008 (US) / March 17, 2008 (UK)



It seems 2008 is going to be a year full of surprises. Before Ego Trippin’ was published, I lost all my faith in Snoop Dogg. Ok, I liked that track with Devin the Dude but 90% of his material recorded in the last 10 years is straight bullshit. First, I saw that video titled “Sexual Eruption” and I was like “what is this guy doing? He’s out of his mind”. A few weeks later, he releases a new album. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Yeah… all right, it’s no creative breakdown but it’s the best he has done in years. How did he…? Basically, going back to the roots with a maturer message and giving absolute liberty to his musical weirdness. Because it is weird to record a track like “Sexual Eruption” or a country track dedicated to Johnny Cash (“a true American Gangster”). Of course he hasn’t given up his gangsta attitude (he should never do that and he won’t), but now he sounds like a grown-ass G. Lyrics full of reflections, from love and family to ghetto roots, and real facts. I’m so glad he has abandoned that ultra-mainstream empty music and I hope his career follows the philosophy of this new album. - Grey

Highlights / Sexual Eruption (video) - Can't Say Goodbye feat. Charlie Wilson


Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso