5/4/08
The Pinker Tones / Wild Animals [2008]
The Pinker Tones
Wild Animals
Pinkerland Records
April 26, 2008



I can’t find the true identity of this music. I know it's dance, I know it's about parting, I've heard BECK (yes, Beck Hansen) loves them, and I’m pretty sure they can make a decent bash wherever they are and keep the people jumping for a couple of hours. But those things didn’t seem enough this time… I just that can’t see what this music's signature is, what makes the songs, the manipulation of the beats or the arrangements something worthy of listening to in contexts other than the disco. It is not that sexy, not that pop, not that multi-styled (despite the Brazilian flavored rhythms) and I’m not really sure of what makes it special. I really think it should be Pinker, sexier, hotter, darker… way more explicit, like the best kiss you ever gave or a good slap in the face. Sadly, this was not the best party for me. (OK, I really like "The Whistling Song,", but that’s it.) - Mono

Highlights / The Whistling Song

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso