4/30/08
Algernon Cadwallader / Some Kind Of Cadwallader [2008]
Algernon Cadwallader
Some Kind Of Cadwallader
Be Happy!
April 25, 2008



"Hell yeah! Tim Kinsella is back! (...) Oh wait, this isn't Kinsella? Are you sure? (...) Damn I could swear that... Oh, hah I see now, you're just playing with me (...) But, I mean... Are you sure?" ... And that was my first chat with the guy that showed me this album. With Algernon Cadwallader’s (aalgerr wtf?) debut album, those emo(tional) sounds of the early 90's that you hate (to love) are back, and this time they are using an even stranger band name. "Same shit, different ass," are you saying? Well, no (maybe), but don't get me wrong, these guys are definitely worth the listen, at least to remember those old days when everything was different and new (yeah, right) and before I keep using more parentheses, I just want to send a message to all those future American Footballs and Cap'n Jazzes out there that are going to try using the same formula: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - Khyne

Highlights / Serial Killer Status

Labels:

The Kiln -
1 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso