5/5/08
Dosh / Wolves And Wishes [2008]
Dosh
Wolves And Wishes
anticon.
May 5, 2008



Ok so I am clearly not familiar enough with Dosh to comment objectively on this album. It's obvious that the dude is not scared of experimentation and using completely different styles and sounds in one album. Which is great (if you're into that kind of thing) and exactly what you would find in Wolves & Wishes. For me, I felt a little unattached to the record and sadly the pretty clingy clanky sounds of chimes, rhythmic beats, melodic piano (in parts) and great strings unfortunately were not enough for me this time. (Wow! When I write that I feel like I should have loved this record!) Kind of eerie in parts and almost 8-bit sounds in other ones... weird. The guy is talented, no doubt. I kind of felt like it was a bit of a contradiction, just like this review.- Morning Lemon

Highlights / Wolves

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso