6/3/08
Primavera Sound 2008, day 1
This festival is the best thing that happened to me this year so far. I had a lot of fun there and, even though I’d like to write some detailed chronicle, I think I’m not able to do so; too much to remember, too much beer, even too much Jägermeister. That being said, I’ll just make a brief comment about every band I saw there.

MGMT
It was one of the first concerts taking place the first day of the festival, so we couldn’t expect the same from them than from bands playing around midnight. It was not dark yet and I guess their music is much more enjoyable by nighttime. Anyway, it was a pretty good concert. I enjoyed some of their best songs like “Time To Pretend” or “Kids” and right now I consider it a decent warm-up for what was to come. Oh, and a little kid came to the stage to dance with the members of the band!

Edan and guest Dagha
Oh, man. This guy is a showman. Edan and his fellow delivered a 45-minute show plenty of energy and good vibrations. They do connect on the stage and when Edan starts rapping and djing at the same time it’s just amazing! I was curious about how hip-hop artists would be received in this ‘indie rock festival’ and I’m very pleased the crowd was enjoying it as much as I was. One of the most original and unique hip-hop shows right now.

Public Enemy
“Do-don’t-don’t believe the hype!” Amazing. Public Enemy are just legends. I had a lot of fun rapping along all their songs but there were also some complains. Bomb Squad played a 20-minute show before them and, after that, PE had no time to finish It Takes A Nation..., a record they were supposed to play entirely. They tried to make it up with two other classics such as “Fight The Power”. When it comes to me, I don’t really regret anything. A dream come true.

Portishead
In my opinion, this was the best concert ever; the perfect show, the perfect sound, the perfect everything… They played more old songs than new ones and it was completely awesome. I just couldn’t believe Chuck D came to the stage to rap along “Machine Gun”. There’s nothing else I can say. It was better than sex and anything in this world.

De La Soul
By that time my recently met new English friends and I were pretty tired, so we went for some beers and enjoyed this show from the stands. Anyway, it seemed a great concert and people had fun. They played both new and old stuff, wisely connecting the different songs which turned out in a consistent show. De La Soul are just professionals and there’s no way their concerts could suck.

Vampire Weekend
The concert we all were waiting for. The sound was not perfect but… who cares? We all had listened to their debut album a thousand times, we all knew their lyrics. They just had to play a decent show and they did. “Walcott, don’t you know that it’s insane?” Oh my God.

After Vampire Weekend we were supposed to see Midnight Juggernauts but some of us started a discussion about politics while drinking the last beer and finally ended up dancing with the records Graham (a local dj) was spinning. I still can’t believe it. What a night! - Grey


+ Professional pics here

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso