6/20/08
Primavera Sound 2008, day 3
Times New Viking
I remember we didn’t review their last album because we didn’t know how to analyze it properly. I wasn’t very excited about it either but I heard they have a great show so I decided to give them a chance. No regrets. They were astonishing, even if they had those technical problems with the guitar that slowed down the concert a little bit.

Port O’Brien
Not bad, not bad. It wasn’t a really exciting concert (especially if you were coming from Times New Viking) but it was decent enough. They played their sentimental songs well and the last one was just an anthem.

Silver Jews
David Berman and his troupe finally came to Barcelona. His last album (which is going to be review by The Kiln in a few days) still retains part of the original flavor from albums like American Water. The concert was good. They played old and new stuff and the only thing I didn’t like was Berman’s attitude in some occasions. He’s always going from one side of the stage to the other and singing while doing other things like looking for the t-shirts he’s going to give to his fans. I think he should act more like a real front man.

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
I saw the first half an hour of this concert and it was pretty good. Some people said the sound was awful near the stage but I saw it from 20-30 meters away and it was good. Lightspeed Champion was in the crowd wearing one of those crazy hats like we were in Siberia Sound Festival.

Rufus Wainwright
I really like some of his songs but this guy is such a pain! Is it really necessary to introduce every single song with some talking and to tell me how gay you are and how proud you are of it? I saw the first 20 minutes and the last three songs and that was enough.

Menomena
I saw them in the meantime between the first part of Rufus’ concert and the end of it. I was lucky because I could hear to all their main hits. They are really energetic on the stage. I expected it to be quieter but I had a lot of fun anyway.

Clipse
“I’m at your door, your eyes are like ‘why are you here?’". The sound was awful again but it didn’t matter. I was so excited about it that I couldn’t stop shaking my arms up and down and singing along all the songs. Hip hop is still alive thanks to people like Clipse. No doubt.

Les Savy Fav
One of the best concerts of the festival. Their music is like a kick in the ass and all the Tim Harrington’s stripping show is hilarious. Les Savy Fav is one of those bands you enjoy not only because of the music they make but also because their attitude. There’s nothing else I can say except that I touched Tim’s sweated back.

Animal Collective
Not as danceable as I expected but still pretty enjoyable. They are so creative that they can make almost any kind of show because it is going to be good anyway. I don’t know what the people think about it but this kind of music is much better live than at home. - Grey

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso