6/12/08
Primavera Sound 2008, Day 2
Holly Golightly
They couldn’t do any sound check before the concert due to technical problems, so everything was kind of improvised. The show was nothing special but I really like three or four of the songs they played and they are the funniest guys ever. I still think that was an outdoor show. They are not quiet enough to play in an auditorium.

Russian Red
I saw the last three songs and it was pretty disappointing, not because of her, but because of CD Drome stage's awful sound. She needs an intimate place and that noisy stage was not the right place (the auditorium would have been great in her case).

MV & EE with The Golden Road
I didn’t expect anything from this band because last time they came to Barcelona everybody said the show was pretty boring. I grabbed a beer and had a sit. The view from the stands was amazing. You could see the sea and boats coming and going. The show was not bad either; enjoyable electric hippie rock and roll, good as an afternoon concert at a festival.

The Felice Brothers
I was looking forward to seeing these guys live! I love Bob Dylan and The Band and I really got into their albums. Unfortunately, they appeared to play on the CD Drome stage too. The sound was annoying but they were playing so energetically, almost nobody cared. They are one of those bands worth seeing live, far better than any recorded stuff. I put my whiskey into my whiskey…

The Sonics
I’m so glad to have had the chance to see The Sonics live! Some people were saying the show was not as rough as they used to be but… what did you expect? They are almost 70. I couldn’t stop dancing from the first song to the end. These guys are just amazing.

Why?
This was probably the concert that suffered the least from bad sound on the CD Drome stage. Why? The music is kind of distorted and I didn’t mind a bit more of it. I don’t remember much, but I enjoyed it.

Cat Power
Disappointing. After twenty minutes we went to the stands and rolled up a blunt. It was not a very bad concert, but it seems she’s losing that great voice she used to have. Every song sounded the same and she sang way too many covers from her last album. All the original flavor of her old songs from You Are Free or Moon Pix was gone.

The Go! Team
Better than expected. Their album is not that bad, but I have never really paid any attention to this band. Their shows are a different story. That mix between indie rock, hip hop and electronic sounds really works and it’s a good band for dancing. The singer is so energetic.

El Guincho
I guess a lot of tourists were looking forward to this since El Guincho got a lot of hype on the Internet and played a few gigs in the States. It was not bad, but far from the great show he delivered a few months ago at the Apolo. The bass was too loud and you couldn’t hear all those tropical sounds his music is made of.

Holy Fuck
Holy surprise! Perfect ending for a music festival. Tough but danceable electronic music for indie kids. I can’t tell you much more about this but I can say I spent all my last energy dancing like I was out of my mind.
- Grey

Labels:

The Kiln -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment




If you’re an artist/record label interested in sending promotional material or just want to say hello, please visit our Contact Section.








mp3 blogs

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.









Blogroll

3hive
Cable and Tweed
Twentyseven Views
The Yellow Stereo
The Rich Girls Are Weeping
Brooklyn Vegan
You Ain't No Picasso